Dear FBC club members and new players,
(post updated 16 August 2021)
Dear FBC member & potential member,
At long last, yes, we've started club nights again - as of Monday 19 July - Welcome back!
While there are no legal limits on social contact the committee would ask you to consider the following for everyone’s protection;
- Please bring the exact fee amount of £5, to be placed in a box/bag, trying to ensure there is as little cross contact with the money as possible (we are looking at trialling a contact less payment system in the future but this is still working progress and not ready just yet).
- Until (expected) 16th August we will be playing within the same 6 on court for the evening - effectively forming a "bubble of 6". This means if anyone gets "pinged" by track and trace just the members within the bubble would have to self isolate, not the whole club!
- Wearing a face mask is discretionary, but helpful when off court (it will help minimise the risk of having to isolate should a club member subsequently prove positive).
- As a further precaution hand sanitiser will be available throughout the evening, e.g. for use on arrival, when coming off court and at the end of the evening.
- The commitee members will take responsibility for the putting up and taking down of the nets to minimise contact.
On behalf of the committee
NEW return to play date: 19 July 2021!
Dear FBC member and potential members!
I am sure this will not come as a great surprise to you, but following the recent announcement of the postponement of the lifting of restrictions, I am so sorry to report that we have to delay resumption of club nights.
Due to the rule of six still being in place and the complexity and restrictions that would be involved in following these rules, sadly and reluctantly, the committee have made the decision not to return to play until 19th July.
There is the added issue of the hall not being available to us on a few early July dates anyway, as it's being used for exams.
We appreciate this is frustrating for us all, especially when we have had a wonderfully positive response from members about getting back on court.
Let's all keep our fingers crossed for 19th July and we really look forward to seeing you then.
Prior to that date we will send another email to reconfirm that we will be able to play then. We will also keep this page up to date, so please feel free to use it as a reference point.
In the meantime keep fit and well and we'll see you soon.
Jo Blair, FBC chair
I am extremely pleased to confirm that club plans to resume club nights on Monday 28th June (subject to restrictions and continuation of government roadmap) and I hope to see as many of you as possible on court. We do still have to await further updates from the government between now and 21 June so we will reconfirm the date closer to then, but please put the date of 28 June in your dairy and keep your fingers crossed.
When you come along you will see procedures in place to help protect you from the spread of Covid – hand sanitiser applicators and name recording on arrival and social distancing off the court, which we know you will all respect, and I believe it goes without saying that if you feel unwell in any way, please don’t come that week. In addition to what the government has to say we do also have to liaise with Farmors School. We know that we will NOT be able to play Monday 12 July, but we are hoping we may be able to play on Bank Holiday Monday’s should the demand from the members be there.
As a thank you for your subscriptions during 2019 (for which Covid 19 halted play), and in line with Badminton England, we are offering club membership extension until 1st November 2021.
Now that we’re cautiously getting back to a sense of normality, the committee has reviewed the club’s financial year and agreed to change it to the start of the playing year. Previously it was June, and now we shall bring the year in line with Badminton England and membership season, starting 1 November.
Re-joining fees for the year ahead will remain unchanged at £50 for adults and £30 for students and juniors. Nearer the time we will email you to request payment of the annual fee for the period November 2021-October 2022. Playing fees also remain unchanged at £5 for the two hours on club nights.
We have all missed playing our favourite racket sport and chatting to other club members so do come along during the summer period and ‘re-acquaint’ yourself with the pleasure and exercise gained from our Monday nights. Just one word of caution though as the risk of injury on court or niggling aches and pains following extensive lay off are higher than normal, please make sure you warm up arm and leg muscles prior to play. To help you we’ve put together some simple and effective exercises to minimise the risk, just click on this link,
So pick up your racket, dust it down and come along on 28 June.